This Low Salt Black Bean and Corn Salsa with Baked Tortilla Chips is a healthy and flavorful snack that's perfect for a quick and easy appetizer or a light meal. The salsa is made with canned black beans, sweet corn kernels, juicy tomatoes, diced red onion, and fresh cilantro, all seasoned with zesty lime juice and a touch of cumin. The dish is low in salt and high in fiber, protein, and potassium, making it an ideal choice for anyone looking to support kidney health. The baked tortilla chips add a satisfying crunch and texture to this delicious and nutritious salsa, while also providing a healthier alternative to traditional fried chips. This recipe is simple to prepare and can be easily scaled up to serve a crowd, making it a great choice for any occasion.
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 baked tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon diced red onion
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 baked tortilla chips
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoon diced red onion
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1.5 lime, juiced
- 3/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 baked tortilla chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the tortilla chips in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, until crisp and golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the black beans, corn, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Serve the salsa with the baked tortilla chips on the side.